Abu Dhabi’s Taqa on 7 July announced financial close for the UAE’s largest gas-fired power plant. Taqa says the AD4.2bn ($1.14bn) 2.4GW Fujairah F3 plant will start up in summer 2022 and hit full capacity a year later. This timeframe implies a rapid start to work.

The combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) plant will be developed as an IPP project, with Taqa and Abu Dhabi state investment house Mubadala jointly owning 60% and Japan’s Marubeni the remaining 40%. (CONTINUED - 301 WORDS)