Tunisia has long-standing plans to make renewables account for 30% of electricity production by 2030. But having high-levels of solar irradiation is not enough, you’ve got to build the plants too.

The country’s current generation remains dominated by gas-fired power plants. These accounted for 97.4% of 2020 output, with wind, hydro and solar collectively making up the remaining 2.6% (see chart). (CONTINUED - 874 WORDS)