EPC contracts have been awarded for the 1.5mn t/y Borouge 4 polyolefins project, which is to be completed in 2025 and bring the venture’s capacity to 6.4mn t/y.

Having taken FID on the 1.4mn t/y Borouge-4 polyolefins project last month at Ruwais in Abu Dhabi, the Borouge JV has moved swiftly to award EPC contracts for the work. Borouge announced on 5 December that it has awarded five EPC contracts “following a competitive bidding process.” The biggest winner was Italy’s Maire Tecnimont which snagged three contracts worth approximately $3.5bn – or 56% of the total project cost. The Borouge JV is split 60:40 between Adnoc and Borealis, with Austria’s OMV in turn owning 75% of Borealis and Abu Dhabi state firm Mubadala the remaining 25% (CONTINUED - 833 WORDS)