Weekly MENA Newsletter will be delivered to your email in PDF format every Friday (52 Issues per Year).
Oman’s Ministry of Oil and Gas plans to offer up several exploration blocks early next year, a ministry official told MEES this week. The source says the available assets will be revealed “before the end of the first quarter of 2019,” with prequalification and bidding taking course over the remainder of the year. Awards will be made in 2020.
Muscat is keen to maintain foreign interest in Omani upstream, which has seen Occidental (Oxy), Eni, Petronas and Qatar Petroleum (QP) scoop up stakes in assets in the last two years.
The available acreage has not yet been confirmed, but MEES understands that blocks 58, 70, 73, 74 and 76 are among the candidates up for offer. Of the blocks, only 58 has been previously delineated (see map); the other blocks will likely be carved out of underexplored areas in the southern region of PDO’s massive Block 6. (CONTINUED - 698 WORDS)