Weekly MENA Newsletter will be delivered to your email in PDF format every Friday (52 Issues per Year).
Qatar appears to have scrapped the key $6bn Al-Sejeel Polymers Project only days after a major management shake-up at state oil and gas giant Qatar Petroleum.
State petrochemicals and steel investor Industries Qatar (IQ) says the 2.2mn tons/year, $6bn Al-Sejeel polymers complex at Ras Laffan “has been put on hold, and that a new downstream petrochemical project that is expected to yield better economic returns is instead under study.”
Al-Sejeel was to be developed jointly by Qatar Petroleum (QP - 80%) and Qapco (20%),with QP providing feedstock. Qapco is itself a subsidiary of IQ which has an 80% stake in the petrochemicals producer. France’s Total holds the remaining 20% share of Qapco.
DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?
NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION?
By upgrading your Print or Digital subscription you will gain access to the MEES Archives Database with past articles and data dating back from 1984.UPGRADE