Eni on 14 August signed a $105mn deal that will see it drill a minimum of two wells on the Nour concession 50km north of the Sinai peninsula in water depths of 50-400 meters.

Eni, operator with 85%, says it “plans to proceed with the drilling of an exploration well in the second half of 2018.” State exploration firm Tharwa has the remaining 15%. (CONTINUED - 1397 WORDS)