Weekly MENA Newsletter will be delivered to your email in PDF format every Friday (52 Issues per Year).
Cyprus’ third bid round for three offshore blocks closed on 22 July and Nicosia announced this week that bidders include a consortium involving supermajor ExxonMobil and Qatar’s state oil firm QP, Italy’s Eni, France’s Total and Norway’s Statoil.
On offer were Blocks 6, 8 and 10 (see map). Eni and Total are both already in possession of acreage offshore Cyprus. The Italians operate and have an 80% stake in Blocks 2,3 and 9 along with Korean state gas firm Kogas, which holds the remaining 20%. Total holds Block 11, which borders Egyptian waters and is just 5km north of Eni’s August 2015, 23 tcf Zohr gas field discovery in the North African state’s waters. (CONTINUED - 799 WORDS)